You’ve all heard of Quilt in a Day?
Well, that’s what we are going to show you today. Our hopes are that you might pick up one tidbit that you didn’t know about as we progress through the various steps of the quilt. We started with a precut (remember that this is Precut Month and all of the precuts on the website are 10% off until the end of the month). We used Spooky Hollow from Riley Blake along with a pattern from Debbie Heatherly called Starry Nights [56 x 70 inches]. The pattern is pretty simple and no extra rulers are needed. In 4 hours, we made pretty good progress!
There are several splices – sorry – but we didn’t want to leave the camera on for that long. We love to chat with you guys, but that would just be ridiculous!!!
If you love the quilt as much as we did and would like a “Starry Night” Lap Kit, they are $80 for all of the top and binding fabrics. We’d also be happy to substitute a different layer cake of your choosing and background and border to match. Just let us know your thoughts when you place your order!
Teri & Marty
LINKS TO PRODUCTS | RESOURCES MENTIONED:
1. Visit our Precut Section here.
2. OmniGrid Ruler, 6×12″
3. Olfa Rotary Cutter [45 mm & 60 mm available]
4. Spooky Hollow Layer Cake
5. “Starry Night” Lap Quilt Kit
HELPFUL TIPS WE SHARED INCLUDE:
1. Finger Pressing
2. Chain Stitching
3. Seam Allowance
4. How To Easily Stitch a Straight Line
5. Creating 1/2 Square Triangles
6. Stitching Strip Sets with Ease
7. Pressing Your Four Patches
8. Cutting Multiple Layers with the OmniGrid Ruler & Olfa Rotary Cutter