We’re going to do a 2 part video series this week and next. We thought it would be good to look at some quick, take-it-and-go projects for the summer. We’re introducing a new Block of the Month [BOM] – Mini Mats – and these little cuties definitely fit the bill. We’re not going to do this as a 12-month series, but rather as 6, so you will be getting the supplies that you will need for 2 mats each month.
If you are interested in wool applique and haven’t taken the plunge yet, this is a perfect starter project. The mats are simple and easy for a novice. You can also refer to our wool tutorial to get some pointers on how to get started.
So take a peek and let us know what you think… Remember, we’ll be adding more ideas next week to Projects on the Go!!!
Marty and Teri
1. How to create the Mini Mat Block of the Month
2. How to easily cut circles
3. How to use the Midi Cut Around Ruler
4. Using various stitches for embroidery / applique features: buttonhole stitch, chain stitch, french knot
5. Tools to use to easily create the mini mats
6. View our How-To video for Wool here.